Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day







Addie and I drove to Inkom (after gathering the "Laretta Essentials" : acid, scrub brush, trimming shears, carpet cutter, water, broom and of course flowers.) There were already alot of flowers there, especially on grandma and grandpa whitworths grave. It was raining, good thing addie brought her dora umbrella. So, we cleaned and addie collected pinecones to put on the grave along with a flag for grandpa larry and a ladybug bell for grandma Laretta. (She also went and collected a few things from some other graves!!! while I was not looking!)...We said a prayer, and afterwards addie asked my why I was crying, and I said, "because I miss grandma Laretta." and she said,"It's okay mommy, don't cry, Grandma Laretta will be back soon." I love that girl! I just wanted everyone to know that Grandma (and Grandpa, although I don't think he cares as much as Grandma) was taken care of! I love ya guys!

1 comment:

KP said...

Thankyou for sharing that picture and going to the cemetary. It sounds like a touching moment. We felt it, also. As soon as I opened up your blog and saw the picture of Grandma Laretta, I started to cry. We miss her, too. Addison is right, though. She'll be back soon along with many other loved ones. We just got to hang on and keep the commandments so we can be a part of it. Love you gals!